Our prestigious and growing law firm client in Chicago is hiring an experienced Paralegal to support attorneys and senior associates in their corporate, financial, banking and securities law practices. This is a full-time position that offers excellent pay and benefits, a beautiful work environment, convenient location and regular working hours.
- Assist on a variety of corporate, securities, SEC filings and transactional matters supporting the Investment Services Group.
- Prepare and manage various filings and related materials.
- Document preparation and distribution, preparation of UCCs for closings, and post-closing document preparation and distribution.
- This position entails direct interface with attorneys and clients.
- Preparing and reviewing filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission for mutual funds, private funds, investment advisers and broker-dealers including Form N-1A, N-2, Form N-14, Proxy Statements, Form ADV, Form BD, Form D and Schedule 13Gs/13Ds.
- Drafting and maintaining corporate legal and governance documents
- Conduct research related to filings and business transactions through both print and electronic sources
- Assist attorneys with filings, opinions and business transactions
- Review and organize due diligence materials
- Draft closing documents and correspondence
- Prepare closing sets and post-closing documentation
- Analyze and organize client records
- Work with corporate vendors to attend to the filing of governmental and agency filings for fund and adviser clients
- Interact with clients and other counsel during business transactions
- Work effectively with project assistants and other support personnel for completion of client closing document sets
- Annually log at least 1,500 billable hours