Job Number: LN-100260
This position is responsible for identifying, defining and leading international product initiatives to drive profitable growth with new and existing international product sets. Reports to VP/Director of Marketing
- Identify new product opportunities that are customer driven and competitively advantageous. Define market potential and product positioning. Drive the product development process to deliver these products on time and to cost and budget.
- Perform competitive analyses related to products, marketing strategies and pricing.
- Evaluate macro-economic factors of the market and economy and incorporate analysis into product development, pricing and marketing strategies.
- Analyze costs of creating and developing products and prepare recommendations on pricing thresholds.
- Create predictive models to justify investments in product lines and/or market segments.
- Propose structure and format for presenting products in catalogs and websites and recommend product placement in catalog.
- Identify and evaluate suppliers/factories’ ability to maintain costs while exceeding quality metrics. Manage quality assurance standards and testing procedures to ensure products and packaging ensure quality standards. Optimize ongoing vendor relationships in development of new products, identify potential problem areas and address quality-related issues that may arise.
- Assure adequate coordination occurs with vendors to 1) obtain product specifications, generate ideas for copy, images and shipping information; 2) write new product ads and promotional materials; and, 3) manage new product and new vendor information for inclusion into catalogs and websites.
- Coordinate with Customer Service, Purchasing and Freight to familiarize these departments with new vendors and educate them on new products or upgrades/enhancements of existing products.
- Attend tradeshows to network with existing vendors and identify new suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Marketing or President.
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Bachelor’ s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- 5 or more years of demonstrated product development experience. (must provide a portfolio)
- International business knowledge and experience.
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/program elements simultaneously.
- Aggressive, action oriented, results driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel globally (5-10%).
- Must live or relocate within a commutable distance of the Chicago western suburbs. Relocation assistance is available.
- US Citizen or Green Card
Exceptional opportunity to demonstrate creative thinking, career development and growth with a privately-held, profitable company that represents multiple lines of products for commercial facilities. Forward-thinking management that strives to grow and promote from within. Exceptional benefits, culture and work environment.