Western Chicago suburbs,
Post Date: 01/05/2018
Job ID: DM-100166
Do you buy prime quality, flat rolled carbon steel low and sell it high? 2018 can be a turning point and the year that you earn more money than you have in the past! How does your W-2 look for last year’ s sales efforts? Are you being compensated enough? This could be the year for you to change directions. Let's have a conversation.
Our full-service, flat rolled carbon steel supplier, in the near-west suburbs of Chicago, is hiring a dynamic Senior Sales Representative. Base salary, best commission structure plan in the industry, excellent benefits and car & mobile phone & entertaining allowances.
- Market flat rolled carbon steel to new business prospects.
- Maintain/reactivate, improve and build current customer relationships.
- Grow existing accounts. Assist customers with best product mix.
- Provide quotes and secure orders from customers.
- Monitor customer credit limits and inventory levels.
- Work with inside sales team engaged in providing sales/customer support.
- Some travel will be required.
- Bachelor’ s degree is desirable
- 5+ years of Outside Steel Sales experience required, selling directly to OEM’ s
- Dynamic interpersonal skills
- Excellent closing skills
- Discipline, persistence, drive to succeed
- Deep steel knowledge and strong math skills required
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with decision-makers on all levels
- Ability to adjust conversation to the situation or issue
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work out of Corporate Office when not on sales calls